FOR A LIST OF COUNTRIES WHO NEED A VISA TO ENTER PORTUGAL:
HOW TO REQUEST A VISA FOR PORTUGAL
- Please note that it is the pilgrim and their group leader’s responsibility to verify their need for a VISA to enter the various countries that will be visited during their pilgrimage, according to their package.
- Please be aware that the pilgrim is responsible for making his or her own visa request (Portugal and, if needed, a visa for any other country that he or she will visit during their pilgrimage, according to the chosen package).
- It is important to wait to have all necessary documents before starting your visa request process. Sending an incomplete request could delay the request process or even lead to a refusal.
- To be exempted from the cost of the visa and be exempted from the Tourist Visa requirements the following procedure must be followed for NON-CANADIAN RESIDENTS participating in WYD and requiring a Visa to Portugal.
CONSULATE GENERAL OF PORTUGAL IN VANCOUVER
EMBASSY OF PORTUGAL IN OTTAWA
CONSULATE GENERAL OF PORTUGAL IN TORONTO
In order to be exempted from the cost of the visa and be exempted from the Tourist Visa requirements the following procedure must be followed for NON-CANADIAN RESIDENTS participating in WYD and requiring a Visa to PORTUGAL.
When the data of all the group members who need a visa have been entered, the group leader can download and print an official document for each person.
- Given name
- Family name
- Family name
- Date of birth
- Resident in
- Passport number
- Passport expiry date
- Upload scanned copy of passport
This personal document must be stamped and signed by the local Church authority (e.g. bishop, religious superior, etc.) or by their National Delegate.
Please provide the authority from whom you are requesting a signature with a COPY of the information provided above, including current contact info as well as proof of purchase of travel ticket (Flight Itinerary)
- Complete the stamped VISA APPLICATION FORM .
- You will need : Original passport – (Passport must be valid for at least 6 months)
- One recent photograph (Passport size on White background)
- Proof of purchase of travel ticket (Flight Itinerary)
- Proof of participation to WYD in LISBON (obtained in Step1)
- Each participant must then present his/her document at the Embassy of Portugal to request a special WYD 2023 visa.
- Must be completed prior to MAY 1, 2023